Skip to main content
1. The Biology of Stem Cells
2. Introduction to Stem Cell Bioethics
3. Cellular Differentiation
4. Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer
5. Induced Pluripotent Cells
6. Human Hematopoietic System
7. Human-Animal Chimeras
8. Applications of Stem Cell Science
Current Issues (RSS)
Course Bibliography and Resources
1. Legal History of Stem Cell Science
2. Animal Rights and Welfare
3. Historical Overview of Vertebrate Cloning
4. Ethical Considerations of Egg Donation
5. The Hwang Cloning Scandal
6. Research Ethics and Clinical Trials
7. The Commercialization of Stem Cells
Pages and Files
Current News in Stem Cell Research
Below are some valuable resources for keeping abreast on current issues in stem cell research.
For more info on using RSS feeds for research, see
by stem cell researcher and blogger Alexey Bersenev, MD PhD.
The New York Times
Stem Cells News -- ScienceDaily
Success in the 3-D bioprinting of cartilage
A team of researchers has managed to generate cartilage tissue by printing stem cells using a 3-D-bioprinter. The fact that the stem cell...
Single gene encourages growth of intestinal stem cells, supporting 'niche' cells, and cancer
A gene previously identified as critical for tumor growth in many human cancers also maintains intestinal stem cells and encourages the g...
Stem cells edited to fight arthritis
Using CRISPR technology, a team of researchers rewired stem cells' genetic circuits to produce an anti-inflammatory arthritis drug when t...
Mouse teeth providing new insights into tissue regeneration
Researchers hope to one day use stem cells to heal burns, patch damaged heart tissue, even grow kidneys and other transplantable org...
Bare bones: Making bones transparent
A new bone clearing technique is a breakthrough for testing osteoporosis drugs. The technique has promising applications for understandin...
Genes need to be screened for stem cell transplants
As stem cell lines grow in a lab dish, they often acquire mutations in the TP53 (p53) gene, an important tumor suppressor responsible for...
[ invalid RSS feed: ]
[ invalid RSS feed: ]
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"