Skip to main content
1. The Biology of Stem Cells
2. Introduction to Stem Cell Bioethics
3. Cellular Differentiation
4. Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer
5. Induced Pluripotent Cells
6. Human Hematopoietic System
7. Human-Animal Chimeras
8. Applications of Stem Cell Science
Current Issues (RSS)
Course Bibliography and Resources
1. Legal History of Stem Cell Science
2. Animal Rights and Welfare
3. Historical Overview of Vertebrate Cloning
4. Ethical Considerations of Egg Donation
5. The Hwang Cloning Scandal
6. Research Ethics and Clinical Trials
7. The Commercialization of Stem Cells
Pages and Files
Current News in Stem Cell Research
Below are some valuable resources for keeping abreast on current issues in stem cell research.
For more info on using RSS feeds for research, see
by stem cell researcher and blogger Alexey Bersenev, MD PhD.
The New York Times
Stem Cells News -- ScienceDaily
How blood can be rejuvenated
Our blood stem cells generate around a thousand billion new blood cells every day. But the blood stem cells’ capacity to produce bl...
Research on retinal pigment epithelial cells promises new future treatment for glaucoma patients
Scientific research builds its own momentum as one discovery triggers another, building an ongoing wave of unexpected possibilities. In t...
Researchers take broad look at stem cells
Scientists have focused recent work on the study of and utility of adult-derived stem cells. The team put together the review after recog...
Changing the environment within bone marrow alters blood cell development
Researchers report they can alter blood cell development through the use of biomaterials designed to mimic characteristics of the bone ma...
Obesity reprograms muscle stem cells
Obesity is associated with reduced muscle mass and impaired metabolism. Epigenetic changes that affect the formation of new muscle cells ...
Scientists identify chain reaction that shields breast cancer stem cells from chemotherapy
Working with human breast cancer cells and mice, researchers say they have identified a biochemical pathway that triggers the regrowth of...
[ invalid RSS feed: ]
[ invalid RSS feed: ]
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"